Last Updated: March 24, 2022
LePrix provides an online marketplace platform for users to source authentic pre-owned clothing, accessories, shoes, handbags, jewelry, home goods, and technology accessories from pre-approved list of secondhand or resale businesses who list and sell their items.
1. Information We Collect
1.1 Categories of Personal Data Collected. We have collected and stored the following Personal Data from or about you over the past 12 months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||Yes|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||No|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements. In some instances, location information can be inferred from your IP address.||No|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||No|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||Yes|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||No|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||Yes|
1.2 When We Collect Personal Data. We collect Personal Data:
- a) automatically based upon your behavior on the Site. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on the Site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on the Site or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
- b) When you provide information to us, such as, but not limited to:
if you choose to use the Site, we collect information about usage behavior. We also collect other members’ comments about you in our review pages;
- i) if you are registering using an email account at a free email service, or registering to swap, sell, or buy on the Site;
- ii) if you establish a credit card account (including PayPal and Affirm) with us to pay for certain services or to verify your address, we collect some additional information, such as a billing address, a credit card number and a credit card expiration date. Credit card information is stored securely with our payment processing partner Stripe;
- iII) if you choose to post messages in our, community forums, member reviews, groups or other message areas or leave reviews for other members, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law;
- iv) if you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other members or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Site, we may collect such information into a file specific to you;
- v) if you register for LePrix on another website or use a website providing a service for LePrix or a website that helps facilitate your activity on LePrix, that website may provide personal information about you and your transactions back to LePrix; and
- vi) if you use certain features of the Services, including the mobile applications, LePrix may receive, store and process different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP Address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality). If you access the Services through mobile device and you do not want location-traction information shared, you can disable the GPS or location-tracking functions as long as your device allows it.
2 Use of Your Personal Data
2.1 Uses of Personal Data. We use your Personal Data to:
- a) facilitate the services you request;
- b) contact and deliver information to you, such as targeted banner advertisements, administrative notices, product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of the Site;
- c) resolve disputes as they pertain to your Personal Data;
- d) troubleshoot problems as they pertain to your Personal Data;
- e) help promote safe trading;
- f) collect fees owed;
- g) provide support as requested;
- h) measure consumer interest in our products and services;
- i) inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates;
- j) customize your experience to make suggestions to you for other products which we believe you will be interested in;
- k) detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity;
- l) improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- m) analyze Services usage to understand how people use our Services so that we can make them more intuitive;
- n) improve our content and product offerings to our users;
- o) customize the Service’s content, layout, and services;
- q) as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
2.2 Opting Out of Receiving Communications. If you do not wish to receive any communications, we encourage you to opt out of the receipt of certain communications on the “Manage My Account” page. Contact Us to change your notification preferences at any time. To unsubscribe, please contact us at [email protected].
3.1 What are Cookies? Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. These text files can be read by these websites and help to identify you when you return to a website. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer when you have gone offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to block and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
3.2 Other Technologies.
- b) We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our behalf. These companies may use a cookie or an action tag to tailor the advertisements you see on this website and other sites, to track your response to their advertisement, to determine whether advertising has been served and to measure the effectiveness of their advertising.
- c) We use third-party analytics service providers to assist us in collecting and understanding website usage information. We use information from these services to help us improve our website and the services we provide to our users.
3.3 Consent to Use. By using the Service, you agree to our use of these tracking technologies. You may opt out of the collection of certain cookies by changing the collection setting on the “Manage My Account” page. However, some of these cookies are strictly necessary for the operation and provision of the Service and by not accepting the collection of such cookies, you will be unable to use our Service.
4. Disclosure of Your Information
4.1 Sharing of Personal Data. We may share information about you with the following third parties:
- b) Advertisers. We gather personal information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes. In other words, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally. Certain information, such as your name, email address, password, credit card number, and bank account number, are not disclosed to these third parties in a personally identifiable manner without your consent.
- c) Business Transfers. In event of a corporate merger, reorganization, dissolution, selling of assets or business, or similar events, personal information may be transferred as part of assets.
- d) Legal Requests. LePrix cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights, to help protect you and the LePrix community from bad actors. Therefore, in response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose your name, city, state, telephone number, email address, User Name history, fraud complaints, and bidding and listing history without a subpoena. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement or other government officials without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to: prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss; or report suspected illegal activity.
4.3 Disclosures of Personal Data for a Business Purpose. In the past 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of your Personal Data for a business purpose to the third parties described in Section 4.1:
- a) Identifiers.
- b) California Customer Records Personal Information Categories.
- c) Protected Classification Characteristics under California or Federal Law.
- d) Commercial Information.
- e) Internet or Other Similar Network Activity.
- f) Geolocation Data.
4.4 Sales of Personal Data. In the past 12 months, we have sold the following categories of your Personal Data to the third parties described in Section 4.1:
- a) Identifiers.
- a) California Customer Records Personal Information Categories.
- a) Protected Classification Characteristics under California or Federal Law.
- a) Commercial Information.
- a) Internet or Other Similar Network Activity.
- a) Geolocation Data.
5.1 Site Eligibility. Children (persons under the age of 18) are not eligible to use the Site unsupervised and we ask that children do not submit any personal information to us. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use this Site in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or guardians.
5.2 Under 13 Years of Age. LePrix does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not allowed to use the Services so please do not submit any personal information through the Services. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet and mobile device usage. If you have reason to believe that a child under 13 years of age has provided Personal Data, please email us at [email protected] so that we can delete that information.
7. Other Information Collectors
8. Using Other Members’ Personal Information
9. Location of Data and Transfers of Information
10. EEA Users
LePrix endeavors to be fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). LePrix may act, depending on the circumstances, as either or both a Controller and a Processor of Personal Data (as the terms “Controller” and “Processor” are defined in the GDPR). We act as the Controller of information that we ask you to provide to create an account and information that we automatically collect when you use the Service. We act as the Processor of user-generated content and information provided to us by third parties or other websites.
11. Your California Privacy Rights
11.1 California’s Shine a Light Law. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits California residents that are users of our Service to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [email protected].
11.2 Deletion Rights. As a user of our Service and a California resident, you may request the deletion of the Personal Data we have collected from you. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request in accordance with the procedures described in Section 11.6, we will either: (a) confirm the deletion of your Personal Data and direct any service providers to delete the same; or (b) reject the deletion and provide you with the reason for such rejection. We may reject your deletion request if retaining your Personal Data is necessary for us or our service providers to: (i) complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you; (ii) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities; (iii) debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (iv) exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law; (v) comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.); (vi) engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent; (vii) enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us; (viii) comply with a legal obligation; (ix) make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it; or (x) your request is for B2B Personal Data.
11.1 Access and Data Portability Rights. As a user of our Service and a California resident, you may request that we provide you with access to Personal Data that we have collected over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request in accordance with the procedures described in Section 11.6, we will provide you with the:
- a) categories of Personal Data we have collected about you;
- b) categories of sources for the Personal Data we have collected about you;
- c) business purposes for collecting or selling your Personal Data;
- d) categories of third parties of which we share your Personal Data;
- e) specific pieces of Personal Data collected about you in a readily useable format; and
- f) if we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, both:
- i) the sale itself; and
- ii) the business purpose for such sale.
11.4 Opting Out of Personal Data Sales.
- a) If you are a (i) user of our Service, (ii) a California resident, and (iii) over the age of 16, you may request that we do not sell your Personal Data at any time. To exercise this right, you may opt-out by submitting a request to us at [email protected].
- b) If you opt-out of the sale of Personal Data using the link above, we will not ask you to reauthorize the sale of your Personal Data for at least 12 months. However, you may opt-in to the sale by submitting a request to us at [email protected].
11.5 Non-Discrimination Rights. If you exercise your rights under the CCPA as described in Sections 11.2 – 11.4, we will not:
- a) Deny you goods or services;
- b) Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services;
- c) Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- d) Suggest that you may receive a different price or quality of goods and services for exercising such rights.
11.6 Exercising Your Rights. If you are a user of our Service and a California resident, you may submit a verifiable consumer request to exercise your rights hereunder pursuant to this Section 11 by either: (a) emailing us at [email protected]; or (b) sending your request by physical mail to LePrix Inc.’s Customer Service Department, located at 4641 Montgomery Avenue, #515, Bethesda, MD 20814. Your request must provide enough information for us to reasonably verify: (i) you are either (1) the person whose Personal Data we have collected, or (2) an authorized representative of the person whose Personal Data we have collected; and (ii) the rights you are asserting in your request. We will try our best to respond to your request within 45 days. If we require more time to process your request, we will inform you of the reason why via email or mail, depending on the method you select when making your request. For clarity, any disclosures made by us shall only cover our Personal Data and the 12 month period preceding your request.
12 Accessing and Editing Your Personal Information
12. Accessing and Editing Your Personal Information
14. Email Tools
17. Contact Information
If you have any further questions regarding our privacy practices or information about you, please feel free to contact us by email at the following address:
4720 Montgomery Ln, Floor 7
Bethesda MD 20814
18. Data Protection Officer
LePrix also has a “Data Protection Officer” who is responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection. This Data Protection Officer can be reached at the following email address: [email protected].