For all the fashionistas out there who want to turn your closets into cash, we have a tip! A killer set of photos will help maximize the potential of your item selling and guarantee a happy buyer. Now that’s a win-win! Our staff came up with a quick how to guide to get you started. Happy snapping!
- Always use natural light. Find a space near a big window or under a shade with no direct sunlight.
- Avoid using flash as it overexposes the details on your item.
- Take photos of your item against a simple white background. A busy background is distracting and will detract from your item.
Perspectives and details
- Shoot the item on a mannequin, dress to impress on your self, or hanging up.
- Take multiple photos. We recommend at least 5 from different angles such as front, side, back and close ups.
- Zoom is your friend! Show interesting details such as embellishments, hardware and fabric.
- Take photos of labels, tags and original packaging such dust bags, cases and authenticity cards (especially if the item is new!).
- Capture any defects. Being up front and honest about the quality of your item guarantees a happy buyer!
Have fun with it
- Refer to your favorite catalogs and magazines for inspiration. Channel your inner Mario Testino!
- Use photos you would post on Facebook or Instagram. Put up pictures you are proud to share!
Photos from our site that get the SNOBSWAP stamp of approval!
- Clothing: Front, Back, Close Up of Details, Original Tags
- Shoes: Front, Side, Back, Soles
- Handbag: Front, Back, Close Up of Details, Dust Bag & Authenticity Card, Interior
- Jewelry: Show Material and Details, Original Packaging