We’ve teamed up with amazing tastemaker and fashion blogger, Elle from ellechoi.com, to answer your every day fashion questions! Got a question? send us an email at: [email protected]
or post the question on our Facebook wall. This week’s edition is how to wear those slinky silk pants without looking like you are ready for nap time. Thanks for reading! xo
Q: I'm heading to the Hamptons for July 4th weekend. What should I pack?
I'm not gonna lie. I've never been to the Hamptons. But from what I've gathered through many nights of watching Sex and the City, knowing how hot it can be in July and assuming you'll be attending many social soirees and/or relaxing, this is what I would pack if I were to getaway for the 4th of July weekend! And these items can work for any little getaway, not just the Hamptons.
1. A summer dress that'll turn heads -- a maxi dress is a very versatile piece that can work for many different settings.
2. A hat -- keep yourself cool and as far away from sun damage as possible.
3. Flats to wear with your maxi and/or on the beach!
4. SPF -- again, let's protect ourselves from sun damage, freckles and wrinkles!
5. Fabulous shades -- no explanation needed.
6. Jewelry that can serve as an accessory and a conversation piece as well.
7. A bikini - duh.
These are 7 items I would not travel without if headed to the Hamptons or any other beachy getaway. xoxo!