We are absolutely thrilled to feature Nichole Ciotti of Vanilla Extract! Nichole is San Francisco's newest and most stylish tastemaker. Her fabulous blog is nothing short of amazing, from the latest fashion trends to the best beauty tips and even recipes like our fall favorite spiced cider! Nichole also started a branding + web agency called Blinc
. Read more about Nichole's favorite designer items, the SF fashion scene, and her top picks from SNOBSWAP
Before starting VE, I had a relationship blog called The Lease Agreement where I encouraged my readers to think of their relationship in terms of a lease. The blog was super fun (and even comical at times), but I felt limited by the topic. After moving to San Francisco, I found inspiration everywhere and decided to document it. Pinterest was also a huge motivator. It encouraged me to rethink my personal style, try new recipes, and share my adventures.
2. What are some of your favorite designer items and why? My Louis Vuitton Speedy 30 bag goes with absolutely everything I own. It's such a classic piece! I've also turned into a huge Alexander McQueen fan. I'm obsessing over his silk skull scarves at the moment. I think the month of October has something to do with it...
3. Who are your favorite style icons? Olivia Palermo, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, and Blake Lively
4. How would you describe San Francisco's fashion scene. Diverse! I love how anything goes. It's refreshing to live in a city where you don't have to conform to one or two particular styles.
5. What are your favorite places to shop in SF? I'm obsessed with FAWN Boutique on Fillmore St. They have to-die-for accessories. Everything in the store is reasonably priced too, which is rather refreshing for a boutique in that area. I've also been spending time in Crossroads hunting for vintage pieces from labels like LV or Prada. And you'll always find me scouring the racks at Anthropologie or Nordstrom.
6. What are your favorite items on SNOBSWAP and how would you wear them in an outfit?
I love this royal blue bandage pencil skirt
. You'll find me wearing it with a black blouse, leopard pumps, and mulberry lips. It's a sexy, yet sophisticated look for a night out.
I am also crazy about these suede Christian Louboutin zipper pumps
. They're practically a steal! I'd wear them with black skinny jeans, a scoop neck t-shirt, and a black leather jacket.
7. What would your ideal weekend in SF include? My perfect weekend includes visiting a farmer's market, shopping, blogging, and having genuine conversation over a bottle of vino with good friends.